Grooooooooow babies!!

How 2 men + 2 women - sex + science = 2 babies!!








This is the funny, heart-warming, tearful, inspiring, and shocking truth about my journey to have a child.








How a man, another man, a woman, another woman, a couple lawyers, a few doctors, a psychologist, a couple social workers and some agencies make a baby.

Friday, March 25, 2011

It's a Match

After some more back and forth over the last few days the egg donor and I finally came to an agreement. Whew. I'm excited that it worked out. I'm even more excited to get to write her a letter so she gets to know a little something about me. I hope that we get to learn a little about each other that humanizes this crazy, legal process that removes the human element. And, like I think I said with my first donor, I want her to feel good about her decision to donate her eggs in general and also specifically to me. Although this back and forth was stressful, it did make me think a lot about her as a person and what it must be like for her to go through this process from her end. It is making me feel grateful.

So now I wait until the end of May. And we all pray and cross our fingers and eat Life cereal for days on end again!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad all the legal stuff is over for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting over that hurdle! I think we are going to transfer with our surrogate the end of may too!

    ReplyDelete